Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Business as Usual

Alright, so I'm mostly over my recent... "issues." My good friend Benadryl helped out with that. So, after resting in an over-the-counter-drug induced coma for about fifteen hours, I'm feeling better. Ish. I'm not sure if you're supposed to take as much as I did, but I'll be damned if it didn't work. Beats insomnia, anyway.

Additionally, a friend of mine linked me to this video. He asked me if I made it, sort of like a marketing tool for my craptastic blog (his words, not mine). I pleaded ignorance. I really have no idea what 'the eyes of god are blind' is supposed to mean. I'm beginning to think said friend is trying to pull some kind of lame joke on me.

Either way, it is sort of creepy.

...

Right, on to the actual content. Our topic for today, kids, is the Archangel. Archangels exist in all of the Abrahamic faiths (that's Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, for those of you not in the know), as well as a few others, but there are a few key differences between the faiths in the way Archangels are portrayed. Namely, number. Christianity (usually) has between three and seven, depending on the denomination. Islam and Judaism each have more, about 8-12. There are, however, three Archangels that appear in almost all of the faiths: Michael, Gabriel, and Raphael.  They each have their own abilities and domains that they are associated with.

For more on each of them... well, that's for another post. Tune in next time, those of you who apparently care.

No comments:

Post a Comment